The EB-5 U.S. Immigration Program (short for Employment Base Fifth) is a program for foreigners who want to settle in the United States as an investment.
This program was promulgated by the US Congress in the 1990s to reduce the unemployment rate and promote economic growth in the United States. When participating in the EB-5 program, foreign investors will invest directly or indirectly in a startup company. The investor’s family, including spouses and children under the age of 21, will be granted a U.S. green card, receive Permanent Resident rights and the opportunity to naturalize the United States.
In 2003, the US government opened projects in the Regional Centers to attract investment capital from many countries around the world, including Vietnam. USCIS approves investment of USD 500,000. Currently, from November 2019 the amount of investment will increase to 1 million to 1.8 million USD depending on the project.
Top 8 benefits of US Immigration Program – EB5
- Have Permanent Resident for the whole family
- Exemption of visa in over 160 countries around the world
- Maintain work and property in Vietnam
- Live, work and expand business anywhere in the US
- Enjoy all the rights of an American citizen, but are not required to live in the United States
- After 5 years of becoming a lawful permanent resident, investors can apply for US citizenship for the whole family, sponsoring relatives.
- Children study in free educational programs for high school and receive many tuition incentives for higher education.
- 100% payback after 5 years of joining the program. In particular, with entrusted investment, investors will receive a return on investment in cash or stock, and also enjoy annual interest.
Conditions of US immigration program – EB5
- To be eligible to participate in this investment program, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Indirect or direct investment of USD 500,000 or 1 million in a project that satisfies EB-5 eligibility
- The legal origin of the investment amount can be proved
- EB-5 visa applicants must create 10 full-time jobs for US citizens
- Management experience is not required
- Minimum education, no foreign language required
- No age limit